Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Weekend's OVER!!

Yeah, Finally, Harley's going to school today. I have a number of things going on with that...I'm going to have to call the special ed director and request a meeting.

They were finally able to get me his behavior plan. It is NOT acceptable, but it still covers him in the event of another outburst so that he cannot be suspended. Now, Harley has a full time one on one aide specifically assigned to him. The school officials feel his outbursts are related to things that happen during recess and lunch...so how are they going to manage his behavior? They are not gonna allow him to go outside for recess for the rest of the year?? He'll be eating lunch and spending ALL recess time in the psychologist's office? Umm, no that is NOT ACCEPTABLE!!

I supposedly am going to get a copy of the IEP final copy today and you better believe I'm gonna go through it with a fine tooth comb.

Anyways, there's more to write but I've gotta get on the horn again already today to start on the advocacy work I need to do...*Sigh* I can't wait for a new school....

No comments: