Monday, December 29, 2008

Routine changes and now the TV too??

The Program Directors really need to contact me

I'm not sure that's what they are called? The people who change the TV schedule? Unbeknownst to me they had a movie on Channel 7 last night...so at 6:00 when Harley went to turn it to channel 7 for America's Funniest Home Videos the movie was on instead. He cried and whined and went through all the channels insisting it "had to be here somewhere"... Finally I got him calmed and it was almost time to see if Extreme Makeover Home Edition was on (he just loves watching that show!)...I KNEW it wouldn't be on but he said "let me check"...of course it wasn't...again we go through the whining and crying and the "It has to be here somewhere" thing.

Finally he calms and goes to his room. I thought nothing of it...At 10:30 last night out he comes and flips on the TV...I asked what he was looking for and he said he was checking to see if AFV or Makeover was on yet...*Sigh* He just wouldn't accept it when I explained that it won't be on till at least next week.

So I go to Blockbuster thinking maybe, maybe I had seen it there for rent and could rent one or two episodes DVDs -- no such luck!! I know I saw them somewhere but ... Well I can't say I can't find them anywhere since I only looked at Blockbuster. I'd even be willing to buy them...I just gotta find them...

Man all these routine changes in the last 3 weeks...first him being sick and missing school and therapy..then winter break (from both school and therapy, figures!)...then the tv changing it's schedule without thinking of the autistics out there who depend on routine? ;)

3 comments:

Haley said...

Check out Amazon,
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_d_0_12?url=search-alias%3Ddvd&field-keywords=america%27s+funniest+home+videos&sprefix=america%27s+fu

The Zak Family said...

Do you have DVR by chance? I was just thinking you could tape several episodes to always have on hand that way? :)

Anonymous said...

I was pretty upset by that dang movie too! Poor guy!