Friday, November 21, 2008

Today's Housework Game

Didn't do so hot today....
one load of laundry, dishes, vacuum, sweep / mop kitchen and dining room floor, trash...played with Zac and Tyler a lot today though so that makes up for everything I didn't do....

I did finally go through the paint and figured out what I'm gonna paint what color:

Now when I get my kitchen a little better organized I'll take my before picture -- the kitchen will be sunflower yellow when I'm done. I have some patch work to do first...I really want to paint the cabinets since we can't afford to replace them right now...I was thinking a green and yellow...Like a country pattern but Andrew poo pooed that idea...

The dining room will be a green, hard to describe color...kinda this green I think it will look pretty good with the yellow. I'll have to take the wallpaper off first though. BUT I remember doing that with my mom when I was 10 years old and it's easy to remove with some newspaper and vinegar.

Then we have the stairwell heading to the basement...I'm thinking of doing it in a more subdued green..like this one -- just a hair lighter than the dining room's green. That's gonna be a hard one to paint though since it's so high..that may not get done for quite a while...

The upstairs bathroom...I haven't decided yet if I want to do the trim in white or the green I'm using in the dining room / stairwell? The color I've picked for the upstairs bathroom is blue The flooring is blue and white so I may be better off using white for the trim -- the green may be too much...But right now it's a natural (dark) wood color and I just don't think that will look good with the blue...

Of course before I can start on any of my painting I'll have some patch work to do...that will be much easier to do when I'm home alone with the boys than the painting will be.

Either way this is a long, slow process so I don't think I'll have it done in the next week or so...but it sure will be nice to have WASHABLE paint on the walls instead of this crappy ol' plain white paint the previous owners used!!

After all these other rooms are done I will pick a color for the living room and hallway. I'm not sure what colors I want to do those in...I'm thinking a light neutral kinda brown-ish?

Have I mentioned that all my ceilings (except for the kitchen) is popcorn ceilings? I'd really like to remove that too but whew! What a project (and mess) that would be?! It may have to wait till next time I paint the house...

No comments: