Monday, April 14, 2008

Echolalia is driving me CRAZY!!

Definition of Echolalia from the American Heritage Dictionary:

ech-o-la-li-a

NOUN:

1. Psychiatry The immediate and involuntary repetition of words or phrases just spoken by others, often a symptom of autism or some types of schizophrenia.
2. An infant's repetition of the sounds made by others, a normal occurrence in childhood development.

(side note: I was not aware of the 2nd definition and if it was Zac, it probably wouldn't bother me so much!...Wait, Zac does do that!!!)

Everything I've said since 7:00 this morning has been repeated....it gets really frustrating! I asked Harley to stop and he asks why? (you can't tell him you're going crazy because then he repeats that too and makes you crazier!). I told him I was tired of him being up my butt..of course, he wants to know why again...So I told him it was not very comfortable and he says "not very comfortable? hehe, of course it's comfortable and I LOVE it"....

Someone rescue me--Please!!

No comments: