Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Saturday, another fun filled day!!

Oh, no school!! A total change in routine all week long...He woke up full of vinegar (as my nana used to say to us!)...He got up and right away was very angry and agitated and hallucinating!! He began the morning yelling and screaming at me...Total non compliance with everything. Even refused to eat breakfast....Then he tried to sit on the baby...which now Tyler thinks is OK to try to do too...They see it as a joke!! I'm gonna lose my mind if I don't get them out of this mindset!! I have been kicked, bit, scratched, yelled at by a 10 year old all day and I have finally lost my patience...I spanked Harley today...I really KNOW better than to do that! It just escalates the problem. He had me in such tears and feeling so lost on what to do to help him that I had to call Andrew in to help me out so I could just step away and count to 10!! It's gonna get easier....It doesn't help that he's now been off of his anti psychotic meds for a week now...I wish they could hurry up and get this mess straighted out!

So I don't know if it's all the changes in routine, the lack of meds, the new baby or what...Maybe it's just that I'm overtired at this point and feel like I need to be up 24/7 (and nearly am!!) and I'm just at the end of my rope!? Time to relax...hey at least I got Andrew to watch the boys long enough for me to get a shower!!

1 comment:

Twice the blessing, plus one said...

Kudos to you, Mom! You are holding strong and doing well! I know you take each day as they come but you are awesome in what you have to do to care for Harley. I hope you get everything worked out and will be able to get his meds without anymore hoops to jump through.