Saturday, September 29, 2007

How could they do this to me???

Friday's are Blockbuster night for Harley....sometimes we go to Hollywood Video because the things (usually games) he wants to rent are not available at Blockbuster. So last night we went to Hollywood Video...Now we went there last week and no one said ANYTHING, but upon arriving there was a sign on the door:

STORE CLOSING SALE - ALL DVDs FOR SALE - NO RENTALS!!

Uhoh! Not a good thing! Harley went into fits!! I tried to take him up to the sign and he read it but I don't think it sunk in. We went inside and they had already transferred all the games to another store. The other store is no where near where we are! I wasn't willing to drive that far and figured this would be a good lesson for Harley to understand that he can't always get what he wants....

After much cajoling, I got him into the van and we headed home. He didn't want to get out of the van...Hollywood Video is closed!! Finally got him moving by bribing him with a PBJ...(simple huh?...Gotta remember that!)

Fast forward to this morning...He seems to think that since it's a new day the signs will be gone and he will be able to go to Hollywood Video...So my plan is....I'm going to take him and show him that it's not changed...The store is still closing and does not have anything for rent. Blockbuster doesn't have the game he wants so I'm not sure what we're going to do....I thought of buying the game, but then that takes away from the behavior reward....What would we get when we go to Blockbuster next week? Now I've got a dilemna!!

2 comments:

Twice the blessing, plus one said...

I am so sorry to hear that this is happening. I know that has got to be hard for Harley to understand....UGH!

Screaming Grasshopper said...

Hey lady! I am missing your blog! We need some belly pics (either here or on the Angels board!!!). I hope that you are able to take it easy more and get some R&R each day. I am excited for Zac to get here~ but not too soon!!!