Saturday, September 29, 2007

A Harleyism

Well, it's been a fairly quiet week. I talked to DH about it last night...I had two whole days where I didn't have any appointments and just felt....lazy??

Anyhow, the Harleyism is a shocker -- to me anyhow LOL.

On Wednesday we were getting ready for school and out of the blue Harley says "BUT MOM! Evil Harley is saying words like F*cking, beotch, (and the list went on!)". I was shocked to hear these words coming out of his mouth!! He went on to say that he was going to be mad when "Evil Harley lands him in the prison of the principal's office!!" Umm, what do you say? So I told him that he was in control of Evil Harley (usually it's Evil Kirby--yes, he's named his hallucinations!). I went on to tell him that if he ended up in the principal's office that it would be his own fault for not controling "Harley"....

When he arrived home from school there was a note in his back and forth notebook from his aide...She said he had just finished snack time (at 11:00am) and was complaining he was hungry (the 5th graders don't get to eat lunch till 12:30). She said that they were working on counting by 2's and he suddenly went into a hallucination and started freaking out...She tried to take him into the hallway but when they got to the classroom door he started screaming and scratching and saying that he was trapped and that there were bars over the door and he couldn't get out. I can only imagine this scene in the 5th grade classroom!! (he spends most of his day in the 5th grade classroom this year rather than in the special ed room).

Ya know, there's more Harleyism for this week, but I can't seem to remember any of them off the top of my head...It's the FULL MOON cycle! So you know more has happened. Someone told me this week that I am so used to it, I just don't realize how much I'm dealing with...I guess that COULD be true???

I know this Harleyism isn't all that exciting...it's just part of what I'm dealing with as he matures. I'm not sure how I'm going to deal with all this if he continues to get bigger and have these issues....

No comments: