Monday, January 17, 2011

Acceptance and tolerance

I will come back and explain better later or tomorrow.
.but I just wish my own kids would have a little better tolerance and understanding...

EDIT: First I fixed the typos. I'm not very good on my new phone yet...LOL

Second I am back to explain...

My teens got a whole lot of gift cards for Christmas. They took me to IHOP for my birthday dinner. (a few days early).

Harley saw milkshakes and ordered one...Kelly screamed at him and made a scene because she didn't say he could order one and because he's not paying. That if he had $4 he could order one, but not unless he did. The reason he ordered one is because he heard her order one for herself....

The waitress heard Harley make the order and brought one. Kelly refused to give it to him and held it hostage on her side of the table til the whipped cream on top was melting down the sides. Andrew gave her a $5 bill, but still she wouldn't give it to Harley out of principle...because he was "whining" and asking for it and wasn't asking nicely...truly this is like torture to a boy with the mind of a four year old. I didn't understand why she was being so hard on him and it really hurt...

Finally she let him have it at the end of the meal. Then they had to argue over when and if she was going to give him a straw to use with it.

A lot of this scene could've been avoided had she given him the outline of what was expected. He really didn't understand and she was just making it a bigger deal than it needed to be :(

I guess I am too but geeze, you'd think they would have better understanding and acceptance of Harley and his quirks than to egg on to create more issues :(

So yeah, I guess I am just complaining but where else would I do it?

1 comment:

MissPriss said...

I would have MADE her give it to him!! Why let someone sit there and torture the other person especially when the other person doesn't understand why.