Friday, March 19, 2010

Physical Therapy and verbal progression!

And the appointments continue....

We had his physical therapy evaluation done. He is starting to turn out more and it's affecting his hips so we got some active range of motion exercises to do with him. It was great seeing Lynn Marie again...she used to see both Robert & Harley about 4 years ago (before I was pregnant with Tyler!)...
When she came in (we also bought a house since then)...she was amazed...she saw Zachary and was like WHOA you had another one too? She's also had two children since we last saw her! Then Tyler...she was slack jawed...
I wish I had had a video camera on the ready for when she walked into Harley's room to say hi...He looks up from the drawing he is working on...smiles....and says "I amember you!!"...She about fell on the floor!! She said he looks about the same, but she was shocked by how well he speaks...she said last time she saw him he would run screaming "I am not ready" or "no" or just grunts and squeals and hide in a corner...

Just thinking about the progress he's made in the last four years, from an 'outsiders' point of view brings happy tears to my eyes...I am so proud he has grown so much!! To think four years ago he was pretty much nonverbal except for maybe 30 intelligible words...and today...sometimes words we would prefer not to hear come out of his mouth...but he talks!!

I must give credit to his educational staff, therapists and hard work on everyone's part...but I think, deep in my heart, I know that the staff of Creative Perspectives have done the most in teaching him to use his words and become more social...Thank you so much for all of your hard work!! (of course, I think we had a little part in it too!)

No comments: