Monday, August 3, 2009

Adjusted Recipe to Share

A great ONE DISH / PAN MEAL!!

you know my favorite recipe site? Yup, www.allrecipes.com They have a cool ingredient search. I had ground beef defrosted but am so sick of making the same thing over and over again. I knew I had pasta, so I put in a search for ground beef and pasta. It came up with Beef and Parmesean Pasta as one of the recipes that matched my search.

I didn't get a picture of it but I can tell you that EVERYONE, including Harley (which is amazing because he doesn't eat "mixed" foods) RAVED about how delicious it is. I have to pat myself on the back because I so totally changed the recipe and am shocked that not only did it come out that good, but also because I was able to talk Harley into sampling it...then he tore up TWO bowlsful!!

As most of you know if you follow this blog I tend to use substitutions to the point that it's not even the original recipe but an original recipe in and of itself...

ORIGINAL RECIPE'S INGREDIENTS:
1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
1 (14.5 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes
2 cups uncooked farfalle (bow tie) pasta
2 cups sliced zucchini, (1/4 inch thick)
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided

MY VERSION INGREDIENTS: :))
1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
2 cubes of beef bullion, prepared into broth
1 can of condensed tomato soup (didn't have any diced tomatoes!)
1 pound box of mini bow ties (farfalle)
3/4 jar of Alfredo Sauce (leftover from a couple of nights before)
(I did not add the zuchinni, my kids prefer to eat raw veggies so we had carrots, green beans and snap peas "on the side" -- Raw veggies are better for them anyways!)


DIRECTIONS
In a large skillet over medium/high heat, brown the ground beef until no longer pink, breaking up into 3/4 inch pieces. Remove beef with a slotted spoon to a bowl. Pour off the drippings.
Return the skillet to the heat and add the beef broth, tomatoes (tomato soup), and pasta. Stir to coat all of the pasta. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium.
Cook, uncovered, for 15 minutes stirring frequently. *Add zucchini and continue cooking for an additional 5 minutes or until pasta is tender. (I didn't add the zucchini)
Return beef to the skillet and stir in 1/2 cup of the cheese (jar of alfredo); heat through. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over each serving.

Top with some dried parmesean cheese and watch the kids devour!!!

No comments: