Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Summer camp...

Not going well...if you've been a blog reader for a while, you know that typically the first day of summer camp for Harley I always post pics of him...BUT camp has not gone well so far this year...I am very frustrated...first the school and now camp? Geeze...I can see now that I better brush up all the more on my advocacy skills before he reaches the age of majority.

For the full story, rather than retype it...you can click here and see the post on BBC.

1 comment:

Chaotic Momma said...

Tracy
I read what you have posted on BBC. I don't think you are demanding too much out of them. I'm sure there are a lot of people that don't care about how the isssues are resolved as long as they aren't the ones dealing with them. You are such a trooper for being so involved. I know that alot of people see it as jsut part of being a mother, but it's the fact that you don't just complain about those issues. You go out there and fight to get the services that Harley needs and I give you a standing ovation for that fact alone.

As for contacting the person at the camp, I would send and e-mail and express that I want an answer by the next day. If You don't hear anything by then, go to the case worker. This gives them a chance to get their ducks in a row. It could be that they just weren't as ready as they thought they would be for the first day. If the issues don't get resolved or no answers are provided then it needs to brought to someone's attention. I would try to give the benefit of the doubt for the first day, but let them know that if they can't explain themselves that actions will be taken.

I know that sounded like I kept repeating myself. Hope this helps and things get better.
~Ruth