Monday, April 13, 2009

Three day weekend

For Harley. I'm not sending him to school today...not with them threatening to suspend him if his behaviors continue...They claim they will be holding a meeting this morning...WHEN those results are in...and they give me a final copy of his CURRENT IEP (which btw, the last IEP that is not considered a draft is dated 3/3/08 -- over a year old)...They had changes to make on the "draft" IEP -- essential things like saying that he does NOT understand the District Code of Conduct...Having a back up person to deal with his behaviors when the psychologist is out.

There are so many things swimming in our heads about where this will lead if it continues...The school seems quick to blame it on his meds...IDK...It's a shame that I called and reported them for falsifying IEP Goals and reports of Skill Mastered (which he hasn't)...about the same time we put him on these meds.

I am calling ARC for help on this today...I will be calling the school, the behavior therapist, the special ed directors, the pediatrician and trying to get a hold of a psychiatrist to see if it's a possibility that he IS having a reaction to these meds. I am sitting here typing this now while I wait for the various offices to open so they can be called. I'll try to keep those interested updated via this blog but I have a feeling it's gonna be a whirlwind of a couple next days so it may not get updated right away....

Then again, it may be updated more often as I call the various offices to get an idea of where to go from here.

No comments: