and I encourage each and every parent to be sure to take infant/child cpr classes.
I had dropped Kelly off at the dentist office and then stopped by Arby's to get 'snacks' to hold over me, Tyler and Zachary till 6:30 when we got back home. I stopped at the car wash and then headed back to wait for Kelly at the dentists' office.
I had just parked the van and heard Zac crying a muffled cry...I jumped out of the van and by the time I got around to him in his carseat he was purplish/blue...He was choking on a curly fry!!
When I was going through the class, I was so sure I wouldn't be able to do it because I would panic...well, I still managed to get him out of his carseat and got the baby back blows done and the fry went FLYING across the parking lot. My heart was in my throat...I am so happy that I knew what to do and was able to do it without a second thought...Had I not known, what would've happened to my baby? I can't even begin to imagine what would have happened without going into a panic attack!!
I held him close, much to his protest, crying for the next 20 mintues. As I write this I am shaking at the thought of what COULD'VE happened.
Yes, it's the best $55 I've ever spent...It saved my baby's life!! I am amazed and thankful that in my 16 1/2 years of being a parent this is the first time I've had this experience...and I am even happier that I knew what to do when I was finally faced with it...
Now that my adreneline is now coming down, I'm exhausted...So goodnight ladies...and Remember to call your local American Heart Association or American Red Cross and register for a class TODAY! You never know when you will save a baby's life!