Sunday, July 6, 2008

Tonight's dinner

I have two big chicken breasts and ONE package of italian sausage...got some potatoes I've gotta get used up too, so I went to AllRecipes.com and did an ingredient search...(you didn't really think all those great recipes were mine did you?) LOL...

This recipe for Chicken Murphy sounds awesome, so that's what I'm making tonight...better get started while the boys are down...

That's all for now...
I'm baaaaaaack...with a picture of the finished product:
Photobucket

Oh I did make one substitute and one omission: I didn't have white wine so I mixed 1/2 cup of white grape and 1/2 cup of vinegar (tasted just like white wine, weird!) -liquor stores are closed on Sundays here. I didn't use the peppers for two reasons, no one here eats them and because the sausage I used was "hot" italian sausage.
FAMILY REVIEWS OF THIS RECIPE:
Robert said: "Eww, I don't like it, can I put it back?" - referring to the potatoes

Andrew said: "the Italian sausage is too spicy and overpowers the rest of the food"

Me? I said "It's edible and it was worth a try". I don't think I'll try it again though and if I do I will make more 'sauce' as it dried VERY quickly while cooking...

Tyler didn't like the way it looked and wouldn't even stand it being on his plate.

Kelly doesn't eat meat (very often anyway), so she had just the pasta...

Harley doesn't eat the same stuff either...

No comments: