Friday, May 9, 2008

Where to begin...when to end

My computer is giving me problems, so hopefully if I can't get all the boards updated, someone from each of the boards will copy and paste these results for me....
 
So by the headline, I'm sure you know that today's ultrasound did not go well...
 
There is something in the sac now...but the sac is no longer nice and round...They do not feel it's an embryo, they called my baby a BLOB!  They think it may be the gestational sac, collapsed...They have made the diagnosis that it is a blighted ovum. It is measuring 4mm, which they say is large enough to expect a heartbeat, if it was a viable pregnancy.  There is no fetal pole, there is no fetus at all...(I'm trying to upload the pic)
 
They noticed I had asked for sedatives earlier this week and they are not comfortable with giving them to me in my 'current mental state'.  They offered to give me one 5mg valium, but I would've had to wait in line at the pharmacy and pay $10 for one pill...NO THANKS!
 
She advised me that we should take action and make a decision today to terminate the pregnancy. She is 'concerned that I am holding on to a non-viable pregnancy' (she seemed determined to keep repeating non-viable to me!).
 
I told her I was not comfortable making that decision at this point.  So I go back next Friday to see the Doctor himself and have yet one LAST ultrasound. They expect me to have a decision on "how" I wish to terminate by then.
 
Don't get me wrong, it's not the NP I am upset with at all. She is a good NP, she took care of me my whole pregnancy with Zachary.  I just don't understand why she would push so hard on me to terminate.  She feels that we would want to quickly move on to healing so that we can start trying again...To a point I agree with her ... But I am not able to give up my BLOB that easily...
 
I will repeat my betas on Monday and Wednesday in anticipation of my appointment with Dr McC on Friday.  I left the office with a 'discharge summary' of what to watch for and how to handle a miscarriage.
 
 
 


TODAY'S ULTRASOUND:
Photobucket

ULTRASOUND FROM TWO WEEKS AGO:
ultrasound view 1

I KNOW they said it was just a blob, but to ME I SEE GROWTH!!

PLEASE TELL ME YOU SEE IT TOO?

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I HATE THE TERM " NON-VIABLE PREGNANCY" One thing I noticed that when things are going great -- its your baby this your baby that, as soon as it is bad its blob, growth, tissue,..etc.....

I really hope you are doing ok.

Take care of yourself!

Bad Mother said...

I'm sending you (((((HUGS))))). I also want to let you know that I think your desire to hold off is strong for a reason - don't let anyone force your hand. They may be medical experts, but the only expert on you is you.

Deanna said...

There is most certainly growth. I would not terminate at this point. There is no risk to your health by letting things occur naturally if that is even what would happen. Hang in there. I know the uncertainty is hard. I went through this with Adlai. They sent me home with discharge papers on how to handle a "threatened abortion" -aka miscarriage- as well. I hate the term threatened abortion. One week later we had a heartbeat and 7 months later, a healthy baby.

I'm not trying to instill false hope in you. But remember that there IS hope. Nothing is certain. *hugs*

Deanna__Banana (from Dec 07 TTC thread)

Twice the blessing, plus one said...

Tracy-
I think I may see some growth....I think you are very wise to wait and see what happens. Next week can be your miracle week. Still thinking positively!

Anonymous said...

Tracy - HUGE HUGS to you. I am so sorry to see your news. I do see growth though & I thnk you are wise to wait. I am here for you - I know either way the next week will be tough for you while you wait. I will be thinking of you (if I was religious I would pray...but I'm not). I hope you story is like Adlai. All the best to you & your family. Janine x

asiangard said...

If I were in your shoes I would also wait.
((hugs))

Anonymous said...

i see a big difference in size of baby. this week will be hard BUT it'll be hopefully enough time for Andi to get beating!!!

Anonymous said...

I definitely see something! I will be keeping you and your family in my prayers!!!!

Holly(From babycenter.com)

Anonymous said...

Hi I see growth of your baby. One thing you COULD do is put these photos on the Ultrasound board and get an opinion! I would not do anything until you have one last ultrasound and by then you should see the HB!

Blair said...

Please keep holding on for as long as you can! This happened to a friend of mine and she now has a sweet 4 year old girl!!! Listen to your gut!

(I see growth too.)

Farmer Mama said...

i am so sorry. my u/s looked similar with the irregular sac and i held out to 10w0d and had a d/c. peace be with your family sweetie. i dont think its viable. Irregular sacs have never meant good news for me:( xoxoxoxo god bless

janis