Tuesday, January 8, 2008

A (Mon)day in the life...

Monday...Manic Monday!!  A long post for a long day...
 
If you read this complete post I'll be shicked!!  This is a diary of my day on a typical Monday....except for the part about visitng the Motor vehicle office for an 'official' ID for Harley...
 
So...This was my Monday...I was exhausted after keeping up this kind of schedule for months on end.  I just sometimes need to validate myself by realizing just how much I did accomplish....And then add up the miles...In one day I managed to put 120 miles on the 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan!!  (still gotta post about that...I'm gonna unload the pics from the camera and then make that post).  AND since it was also the last day of Winter Break with the kids, I had five kids in tow through this.  I have to give myself a little credit!! Hey I only had tears streaming down my face (not flat out crying, though) twice it was a trying day!
 
4:30 start with getting up for the day. Baby blues (waking up with tears for no reason!), wanting to dtd but DH was dead to the world asleep (btw: I'm feeling rejected - I just wanted some closeness after feeling so blue!), Dishes, laundry, kids come home, Harley, Tyler, Zac get up and trying to run around to get things done so we can have the house ready for housecleaners to come. Finally it's
 
8:30 and I sit down for the first time since getting up this AM (no wait, I sat down a couple of times to feed Zac! but not for long since eating puts him to sleep).
 
Start on phone calls. First is the call to LTC for Harley...got another letter saying that he no longer qualifies for LTC b/c he does not have a disability defined by law...WHAT??????  Ok, call Angie.  She actually ANSWERED HER PHONE! So I ask her about that part of the letter (yup, there's more to come) and she says "well he's not getting SSI!)...No, but not because he doesn't have a disability, but because OUR income is over the limit! I went on to tell her I just got a check for Sept anyhow and that he is also getting SSDI off his biological father's benefits as a disabled chlid!  She verified all that (since all the paperwork's been turned in and they have a direct connection to see the info).  Then she tells me it shows he's getting 1100 a month..NOT!  That must be the amount his bio dad gets in benefits?  OK, she pushes the button and gets that part fixed...Then she goes on to tell me that it is showing Harley is an illegal alien...no documented status in the US...They have his birth cert, SS card, pic ID from the rec center...None of that is any good now, they want me to get an official State of Colorado ID for him....Then I won't be able to fax it to them...I have ot take it out there...OK, gotta find a day (really soon) to get to Golden!!  (it will take about 90 minutes to actually complete this errand!).  Rearrange our hectic Monday schedule so that we can go to motor vehicle and get that done.
 
9:30 Whew! Only took 45 minutes to get all 7 of us ready to walk out the door! I think that's pretty amazing! It's great to have the diaper bag packed and refilled each time we come in so we can just run if we have to!!
 
10:00 Get to Motor vehicles. Computers are down! ARRGH! I can take a number and wait or I can just come back later...Yeah, waiting for who knows how many hours would really work for us? (NOT!). 
 
10:15 Ran some other errands (Rite Aid and the post office...exciting huh?)
 
10:45 stopped for lunch at Asia Cafe. As we're sitting and eating, DH gets a call, he was 'supposed' to start a new shift this AM at 7!  Now he has a client every AM starting at 7! (yup, 7 days a week!--no holidays off either)  OK, time to get boxes and rush off to get DH to his client (it's now 11:30)....
 
12 noon Drop Andrew at home to pick up the other van. While he's at the client, I take off to pick up my check and drop off my paperwork with all the kids.
 
1:00 Get that done and go to the bank. Went to the drive through this time (never do that!)...Realize that our checks are short by 8 hours!  Call payroll, they didn't get those visits processed in time for this payroll, so they will be on the next payroll.  Head home
 
1:45 Ahh, home for a little while to wait for DH to get home from his client, the housecleaners and time to leave to take Harley to Creative for behavior therapy....Ahh, I finally get to hold onto Zac for a while, change diapers, try to get Tyler to take a nap (only 3 hours later than usual!), make more phone calls (of course, having to leave messages for everyone, so now I'm on the wait for a phone call back list!)...Oh yeah, it started snowing really heavily and I HATE driving in the snow, especially driving a loaner vehicle (more on that later)....
 
2:15 DH gets home, time to start getting ready to walk out the door...He's gotta go with me so that we can pick up his check and turn in his paperwork! DH works on his paperwork while I get everyone ready to walk out the door...Tyler didn't take his nap, we're gonna hear some 'unhappy sounds' this afternoon because he's overtired!! Deep breaths....
 
2:45 time to leave, been home *gasp* almost an hour!!  Housecleaners show up as we're leaving...good thing!  I LOVE to come home to a clean house that even smells clean (and I didn't have to do it all)!  
 
3:00 finally pulling out of the driveway!  Takes 15 mintues to get everyone situated in the vehicle! This process has got to get faster!  I swear I can't believe it takes me that long to get everyone in their seats, get their belts on and get the vehicle in drive!!
 
3:30 Drop off Harley at Creative and head off to pick up DH's check. 
 
4:00 Arrive at the office for Andrew's check...Ooopss, I forgot to take pics of us in the loaner van and now it's snowing!  While DH is in the office doing paperwork, I took some pics of the van and the kids in it (of course, Harley's not in it!).  
 
4:30 and I figure, well we're only 2 blocks away from the Health Dept. I might as well stop and get a copy of Zac's birth cert.  Thanks to all the traffic (and snow)...It takes nearly 15 minutes to get two blocks!  Get to the health dept walk in and the security officer says "sorry birth cert department just closed!!  at 4:45 (it's 4:46!!)
 
4:46 (LOL!!)  time to start heading back to pick up Harley. The kids tell me that their dad's gonna pick them up at my house at 'his usual time'...Well, we won't be home at 5:30!  OK, give him a call and let him know I will drop you off like I do on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays! 
 
5:20 arrive to pick up Harley (10 mins early)....Harley's late getting back because he refused to get dressed and take a shower after swimming! 
 
5:40, finally leave to head to drop off the kids...
 
6:10 drop them off and head home...FINALLY!!
 
6:45 Get the boys changed and fed (thankfully it's left over night!)...
 
7:15 Let Ty watch a Sesame Street video for 30 minutes (wind down time, I just didn't have the attitude to sit still and read).  Get more laundry started, folded...
 
8:00 Ahh, Tyler's in bed...What does that mean? It's time for Zac to wake up!! - of course!  Remind Harley that school restarts tomorrow...Not as many tears and screaming as I expected!  I'm trying to train Harley to wear pj's to bed rather than clothes so I talk him into putting on his pj's (yeah me!)...Time to locate Harley's backpack, lunchbox, etc. (not where it's supposed to be in the front closet!)...That was easy!  It was in his closet....
 
9:00 Now Zac's winding down and so is Harley...Tyler starts to cry so I let him cry a little while. DH can't take it and goes to check on him...that gets the screaming started even louder and harder...Dammmmmm!  I told him to leave it alone...DH gets frustrated and yells at Tyler...Now Tyler's in hysterics!  Good news in all this is that Zac actually showed a reaction and started to scream himself...He can hear at least some! 
 
9:30 Ty's still screaming, so is Zac...Carrying Zac and trying to deal with Ty....Can't find anything to calm him down.  DH tries to help and Ty goes into even harder hysterics and pushes him away....After trying everything else, I decided to try giving Ty a bath...It's amazing that calmed him down!!
 
9:45 get Tyler out of the tub...Hysterics start all over because he wants to go into Harley's room...I'm at the end of my rope!  OK, time to pull out the portable crib and put him into Harley's room for the night...Whew, that worked too!
 
10:00 Get Zac's bassinet moved into the bedroom. Laid down for 'just a minute to stretch'....Andrew joined me for a few minutes (after all he's gotta leave for work at 10:30)...He gave me a rub and some lovin' (finally!).  I fell asleep in about 15 minutes and he left for work.  I slept all night long and he dealt with Zac all night...He's so sweet (sometimes.... or I should say most times!)..Well I woke up in the middle of the night once and sat up in bed (according to DH) and didn't know where I was or what was going on and I freaked out!  He had to physically lay me back down...Up for the day again on Tuesday at 5:30 (wow, I even slept in!!)
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: