Sunday, January 13, 2008

It's amazing!

...How much a good nights' sleep, a smile from your one month old, a wonderful email from a friend and a four hour break from Harley can suddenly lift PPD and open your eyes to the bigger things in life!

While I feel bad that DH didn't get a good night's sleep, it was amazing to get a few hours in...I even got to sleep for 3 straight hours at one point...

This morning Zac gave me a wonderful smile followed by an 'open mouth' smile...It melted me...Although it wasn't the first time, it sure lifted my spirits TONS!

Today is the first time in about a year and a half that our respite services kicked back in...Harley is out at the mall for four hours with James (a provider we had 3 years ago, so it's not an issue to send him out with Harley on the first time!)...Wow, we get 4 hours of time? Tyler's down for a nap and so is Zac...It's amazing that I can actually get some MORE relaxation in.

And then my dear friend from Texas (you know who you are!)...I thank you for your comments..It really helped to know it was ok to feel what I was feeling and now I'm feeling bad b/c I know that there are a LOT of women who don't even get the joy of holding their first yet...I feel so selfish...But at least I don't feel depressed! I haven't cried at all today!

OK, time to spend with DH for a while...Since he's refusing to take this time to take a nap....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! You sure deserve it. I hope you have more amazing days to fill your cup so that it may runneth over with much joy, love, peace and blessings! Hey, if Mom is happy then everybody is happy too!
Zack sure is a cutie! Enjoy your time with dh.
Hugs, Barbara

Anonymous said...

I hope you're doing ok. Haven't heard from you for a while (look who's talkin' huh?!!)...
Sending you some love!