Saturday, December 27, 2008

Another outing today--A no win situation

our outing was short-lived...*sigh*

I have been cooped up in the house with all three little boys for days! Robert & Kelly are gone to their dad's till Saturday, which is never good for my depression...I hate having to go a whole week without seeing them...

Anyhow our realtor gave us a gift card for Panera (one of my favs!) so I asked Andrew if he wanted to go -- I would've gone without him I was desperate enough to get out of the house...Getting out with Tyler and Zachary by myself isn't a problem till I put Harley in the mix too...

We get there and get the boys a hot dog meal from DQ (right next door to Panera) and then order our food and sit down. Tyler was being a toddler (what else would you expect from a 2 1/2 year old?)...he didn't want to sit still, he spilled his pop, he wanted ketchup for his hot dog. In the meantime, Harley was overstuffing so I was trying to control that while holding Zachary on my lap and eating my sandwich...

Then the behaviors started...I would've expected it but the boys were happy to be out and about (it's been too cold and windy to go outside to play)...but instead of it being one of the little boys who had a meltdown it was Andrew?? He was having a fit because Tyler was being...well, Tyler the Toddler...

I was so sick of hearing him bitch that I finally just wrapped up my sandwich and took all three boys out into the main mall area to people watch and check out some other things in the area. Andrew sat in peace and finished his meal and then joined us.

I asked if we could walk the mall and he didn't want to do that with "the behaviors" we were having...excuse me, but the ADULT male was the one who was having the behaviors and he could've controlled them if he really tried.

Well whenever we go to the mall we typically walk the whole mall...so Tyler had a little bit of a hard time leaving the mall because he couldn't understand why we were just walking out the door when we hadn't even walked the mall (plus I was planning on wearing out the boys so everyone would sleep well).

He refused to put in his coat for Andrew but did a wonderful job for me...which just infuriated Andrew all the more! I was losing my patience and told him that if he had shown a bit of patience with the child and maybe even let HIM decide which arm he wanted to put into his coat first he would have better luck...now...this turns on me again!...I "think he doesn't know how to be a parent" and "don't trust him because I make comments like he doesn't have any patience"...*sigh* It just felt like a no win situation...

I decided to take the long way home so we could look at some Christmas lights before they are all taken down for the season and Andrew fell asleep. We arrived home and unloaded the van and I offered for Andrew to go and finish his nap...Once again I'm in the wrong for allowing him some naptime? WTF??! Well, I must've pissed him off well enough by telling him he was too tired to help me anyway because he's got a short fuse when he's sleepy and I felt he should go and take a nap...He goes and lays down without so much a word to me?!

While he's down I get the boys ready for bed, let Tyler play with his playdough, start up a load of laundry, get another load folded, load up the dishwasher and clean the kitchen (including sweeping the floor).

Two hours later he wakes up and finds me reassembling the toddler bed -- finally Tyler is willing to sleep in his toddler bed and I can take down the crib...Zachary is watching and enjoying himself...Tyler's got his own little set of tools "helping me" and Andrew is complaining (remember he just woke up) because he has to leave for work in 5 minutes and didn't have any time with me *sigh* -- He will be home at about 1:00am and I don't plan to wait up for him because, well if I did when would I get any sleep?

Harley did amazingly well (other than the overstuffing), Tyler acted like you would expect a 2 1/2 year old to act and Zachary flirted with the teenaged girls...

Now that it's after 10pm, I have one more load of laundry to start and one more to dry and one more to fold...IDK if I will bother with the folding tonight...thanks to Harley finding a row of saltines, I have to vacuum before I go to bed because I wouldn't dare leave the crumbs on the carpet till morning...I'd have another behavior on my hands from Andrew....

Tomorrow will be a better day...at least I hope so...Harley is so out of routine with it being winter break...Scott comes for respite tomorrow and I have two movie tickets...I'd love to see Marley & Me but I doubt Andrew will want to go and take the two little ones with us...So I guess while Andrew naps tomorrow I can work on his paperwork since it's gotta be in by Monday at noon.

Yes, I will MAKE tomorrow a better day!

1 comment:

Aby said...

All I can say here is...

((((HUGS!))))

~Aby :)