Sunday, October 19, 2008

Baby Steps?

Today I took a big step...I gave a young expectant mother 6 maternity outfits and 20 newborn (gender neutral) things for her baby.

I'm not sure if me passing this milestone of even being able to go through the baby things with the pretense of giving it away is a sign that I'm ready to let go or a sign of things to happen. What was pretty amazing is that not one tear did I shed when preparing the items for her to pick up. Not only that but it felt pretty good to help out this young mother who is struggling in today's economy. Besdies I have much more than I'd ever need anyhow and still can't bring myself to getting rid of the bigger items yet but this is a step in the right direction (I think).

Hey "Baby steps" right? (yes, that pun is intended!)

No comments: