Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Zac's stats--and my feelings about Andi/Andy

Birth Weight: 6lbs 0.8oz today's weight: 14.7#s!! - 25 percentile
Birth Height: 18.5" Today's height: 25.75" WOW...50 percentile (Up from 25%)

So far as him not wanting to put weight on his legs...The peditrician said that his hips are fine so he should be spending time in the exersaucer so that he would understand that he could do so...I told her he does NOT like the exersaucer but she said that would be all the better...then when he gets mad and stiffens, he will be putting weight on his legs...

On his misshappen head (oh, I never blogged about that?)...His head is 'pointed' in the back on the left side and flat on the back right side b/e he's always on the right side of his head...it's pretty bad...Oh I did blog about it in the long, long post...Where the OT talked to me about it...
Anyhow, the dr said that his soft spot is where it should be and it's the right size...

she also checked his neck muscles for shortening and said that he'a actually got full range since he CAN turn his head all the way to his left shoulder (he just prefers not to)...She offered to refer us to a PT to have them work with him...but I'm pretty sure we can handle it by making him sleep side-lying and keeping all the 'good things' to look at on his left side...The peditrician agreed after I went down the list of what we're doing to try to 'help' him in that respect (after all we are trained and licensed nursing assistants!). She went on to suggest that the flattening will straighten out even more if we can get him to tolerate being in the exersaucer or another 'upright' position.

Which brought up my next question to her...He sits very lopsided when he sits in his bumbo...She said it may just be his preference and it may correct it when they put the tubes in his ears on May 1st, but not to expect it to happen magically just because the tubes are in...

So that's how the peditrician appointment went today.

We headed directly to the Zoo for an outing with the Dec 07 Colorado Moms again today too. I didn't get many pics (and no group pics :( -- I might unload the camera tonight and share the pics tomorrow that I did get.

I was pretty preoccupied with my concerns for the loss of the pregnancy...I'm 99% sure it's already over and just have a hard time thinking about anything else right now. And I think I did a good job of keeping all the tears at bay (not fears though) and trying to be as occupied with something else as I could be...

No comments: