Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Tyler the Terrible (and Tracy too!)

Yesterday was such a trying day...In fact, I was planning to write this entry to my blog last night but between my 3 littlest boys, it never happened! 
 
Earlier in the week I decided Zac needs more floor time than Tyler will allow...Tyler likes to climb up on the couch and jump down onto the floor next to Zac...He likes to play kick ball with Zac's head...He likes to just plain ol' stomp on the poor baby...
 
So I put up the portable crib...It's now a permanent fixture in the living room...
 
I caught Tyler in it in the morning (after I was changing Zac's diaper in his room)..I told him he didn't need to be in it, but he decided he liked it...So Zac got to do some floor time!! BUT Tyler does not like his toys to co mingle with Zac's toys, so he proceeded to throw all of Zac's toys out and onto the floor (just one more thing for exercise for my aching back!)...
Fast forward about an hour...to after breakfast...now Zac's in the portacrib...Tyler just finished breakfast--
 
Tyler is at the I-gotta-throw-anything-I-can-get-my-hands-on stage..So he's picking up his toys and throwing them tyring to 'make a basket?' into the crib where Zac is...So needless to say, Tyler lost most of the contents of his toybox...Nearly hit Zac a couple of times with big heavy toys -- that are not made for throwing!
 
Thinking I'm outsmarting my 21 month old LOL, I get the mosquito netting for the portacrib and put that over top of Zac...Tyler finds the stash of toys in his room and throws them on top of the netting...till the netting sags and the toys are nearly pulling the netting off...
 
After putting these toys in exile with the others...I went to the kitchen to make Tyler's lunch and Zac is asleep in the portacrib...Now the kitchen is only 'around the corner' from the living room...I hear a noise so I come out to check and there's Tyler trying to climb into the portacrib with Zac with the netting still on it...So basically he's falling head first into Zac but the netting had stopped him for actually landing!  I'm about ready to break into tears at this point!
Whew, give Tyler lunch and then it's NAPTIME!! YAY! Of course, just as Tyler goes down, Zac wakes up...I am in no way complaining...I wish I could get Zac to cut out day naps so he's not up 3 times a night...more later on that though!
 
Tyler gets up from his nap and I'm doing floor time / tummy time with Zac...I am still kinda upset about this whole part of yesterday's scenario...There's me, Andrew and Kelly in the room..I'm laying on the floor face to face with Zac and Tyler STILL manages to walk backwards and step on Zac's hand (on the oppostie side from where I am)...In trying to remove him he accidentally kicks Zac in the head (not hard, but still!!).  Zac's cyring hard and I'm yelling at Tyler.  Once I got Zac calmed I went to Tyler and yelled at him some more and spanked him (I feel like Tracy THE TERRIBLE!! After doing that...(I've never really believed in spanking my children)...I then proceeded to cry for the next 2 hours about how I don't deserve to be a mom, that I'm not deserving, etc...In fact, here we are 24 hours later and the thought of this whole situation brings tears to my eyes even now!!
 
By now, it's time to load up the kids so they can go with me to pick up Harley from therapy...
 
I'm Happy to report that Tyler was a nice boy to his baby brother the rest of the day yesterday...Of course, he got up this morning and tried to 'beat' Zac to the portacrib (I don't know why he likes the thing so much...Maybe b/c I never put him in it??)...BUT I was able to do floor time with Zac with Tyler on the loose today!! I am trying to teach Tyler to be more gentle and to 'teach' Zachary things...like the letters of the alphabet?  Tyler's always got at least one of the alphabet magnets in his hand!
 
Now I'm gonna close with today's TTC NEWS!!  Well, now on CD39...my longest cycle EVER!  It seems that I'm still having a fertile patch (for the 3rd time this cycle!) but it's starting to look more promising with the slow temp rises the last 2 days so we've been on a BD ED schedule for the past 3 days...I'm exhausted!!  I'm looking forward to the 2ww being over though...this is my 3rd 2ww this cycle too! 
 
Harley is back to peeing in his pants...I don't know why...If it weren't for him 'cleaning' up and leaving the towels on the floor where he peed or his wet underwear in the hallway where you step on them....I wouldn't even know...This is the 3rd day in a row...I guess we better get back on the 'remind him to go potty stage'...It seems he's having some regression issues...even at school since his reading comprehension on this report card when from a 2-Partially Proficient (last grading period) to a 1-Skill not demonstrated...But in trying to look at the positives...He has NOT regressed in the social skills or the handwriting sections....
 
Robert...I haven't even seen him since I dropped him at Kenny's on Saturday...He decided to Jenna's house yesterday from school (I had told him no, but his dad said ok, so who ever says what he wants to hear is the 'winner!' parent this week)--there's a real lack of supervision and parents who care at Jenna's house! Plus I would like to see my son!!  Oh well, it's just the beginning...I've gotta let him grow up!
 
Kelly has been the sweet girl she always is...Comes home and insists on chasing Tyler through the house to wear him out!  Speaking of which she's walking in the door from school so I'm gonna close this post for now....

No comments: